Henna Recipe for Hair
100 grams Henna powder
**Pure essential oil optional (rosemary or tea tree for scalp problems)
Basic Paste Recipe:
- Slowly add water to henna powder, stir until a pudding-like consistency is achieved.
- Add 1 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon of essential oil (if using), mix well.
- Let mixture sit for a couple of hours if possible
- Apply Vaseline or lotion around your hairline, ears, and neck
- Wearing gloves, apply henna to roots using a brush or bottle, working down to ends of hair.
- Wipe any henna off of skin to avoid stains
- Cover hair with plastic or a shower cap for at least one hour (more for gray hair or if you have not hennaed your hair before)
- Rinse henna from hair. For best results wait a day or so before shampooing.
- Apply conditioner if desired.
- Apply a monthly touch-up to roots to maintain color and cover grays. Or reapply allover hair to deepen color each month.
We recommend purchasing safe and natural hair supplies at: http://www.hennaloungebazaar.com